Tuesday 26 December 2017

Forever Runs









Past two months, I joined a run event organised by Mara German Malaysian Institute in Bangi. It was a 5km run started from 7am till 11am. That was my first run event of this year after a looooooong break since summer. That place was a huge space with less trees and many stalls and I already can imagine how hot the weather I'm gonna bear with. 

Me, and my other 4 housemates depart from our house in Semenyih after Subh. Semenyih and GMI is quite near, our journey was about 15mins to arrive there. When we arrived, there were so many cars and people and most of them are Malay students. After parked my car, we went straight to the registration counter and they gave us shirt, milo, gardenia sambal bilis bread and mineral water. Since we were wearing our own shirt, we had to change it to the provided shirt. The place was quite huge that took some of our time to search the toilet. 

Right after we changed our shirt, warming up session started. I sweat a lot during the session because the movement was quite vigorous with some Japanese songs. The theme was Raku-raku run which I don't know what is the meaning. I do know raku is six in Japanese but its kinda weird when translated to English which is "six-six run" haha whatever. So yeah, everything was in Japanese. 

It took half an hour for the warming up session and then we started to run. During the run, there were some obstacles for us to get through. Splashed by water and color powders (again). Luckily I left my watch and phone at the campus before run. 

It was damn scorching hot.You can't imagine how happy I was when I saw the 5km mark. I was already tired and sweaty and thirsty. All I wanted was just that freaking medal, certificate and finish quickly so that I can sit down and drink under a big tree. 

By the time I arrived the finishing line, it was at 9am. Not really crowded. The vip gave me medal and one of my friend that do not join us for the run took some of my pictures. I grabbed my mineral water and sit down waiting for the others.

After that, there were also lucky draw and price ceremony session for the selfie competition. I'm not taking any selfie while running because i did not bring my phone so no price for me. Knowing that I always have no luck for the lucky draw session, then decided to just go back home. I was exhausted when I got home and immediately sleep after I showered and Zuhr prayed. Woke up with sore body and legs in the afternoon to perform my Asr prayer. Gosh it took 3days for me to fully recover from the sore.





Thats all, till the next post! x

No comments:

Post a Comment